Sunday, August 22, 2010

God Give Us Strength

Over the next few days and weeks, team members will be sharing reflections and relationships that they built during their time at Anawim Home. This one is from Christy Oberst:

Well for the past two days I have been a zombie, I was so exhausted. All I could do is rest; meanwhile everyone is asking me to tell them all about the trip. I could only think “Where do I start?” So the past days my mind has been constantly churning about everything to the point where I would get migraines. One second I am laughing about some memories, the next second I am crying. Today feels good. I am still thinking about everything but in a nice calm fashion now. I want the trip, the people, and the experiences to be something I think about every day for the rest of my life. So where do I start? I first want to pray this for our group:

“Please God give us the strength and wisdom to not let our experiences intimidate our minds. To let this, open up our minds and invade our thoughts, feelings, and prayers. To making our minds turn our bodies into action for you and your people. And to enrapture our souls to change us, make us closer to you, and to let it lead us down whatever path you want us to take.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Christy,

I felt exactly the same way when I first returned. I too even got headaches! Eventually it all settles in. I know you will think of these people every day. most of us who went before do. It is a blessing in our lives to Have been. given this experience even though some of it was so hard. Thank you for your honest postings. The prayer is beautiful.

Teresa