Saturday, January 1, 2011

Joey Barczak


I felt drawn to participate in this year's Nativity Nigeria missionary trip as I really enjoy traveling the globe, learning about other peoples and cultures, and helping out those in need. I have had the good fortune of being able to travel internationally a number of times in the past and have been to Germany, Poland, Israel, New Zealand, and Australia. I have learned a lot in my travels and am excited to learn even more when I travel to Nigeria. I have been involved with a number of trips to Mississippi to help with post Hurricane Katrina relief work and have taken a lot away from my experiences. While I have learned a good amount about Nigeria by keeping up with
the news and reading about the country, I am really looking forward to going over there and experiencing the country firsthand.