Saturday, January 1, 2011

Gin Gin Diokno




It's deja-vu all over again, as Yogi Berra would say.

I am so blessed to have this second opportunity to join our Nigeria team this summer. In 2009, I was part of the Faith Alive Hospital team and nothing short of life-changing has my post NATIVITY:NIGERIA journey been. I can only look back in awe of what God has done in my life just in the past couple of years. So the mission's leadership did not have to twist my arm when they asked me to lead the Anawim Home Team this year.

I look forward to immersing ourselves in the daily lives of Sister Oresoa and her family at Anawim with the other sisters, the children and young mothers. We will be witnesses and participants of the great wrk that they do to make differences in the lives of others - especially the less fortunate. We'll be able to enjoy the fruits of Advent Conspiracy I with the well that helps to provide clean water. We'll get to eat authentic Nigerian cuisine. And the though of watching an African sunset gets my photography juices flowing. That's just the tip of the iceberg. As excited as I am for myself, I am pumped for the rest of my team members who will also be blessed by this experience and the Faith Alive Hospital group who will be enriched by the loving community in Jos. By the second week of August, I will have been one of a few people who have gone to both places. How cool is that! God IS great!

This is my prayer: God, grant us the grace of your presence on this trip and watch over our friends and families who have given us all the love and support.