Saturday, January 1, 2011

Emma Baird


I was called to help in Nigeria by my dad because he wanted to go, but I have been looking for some kind of mission trip since I got back from my trip to a Jamaican orphanage about a year ago. I feel called to do service in general and especially in going to Nigeria, because my relationship with God becomes stronger and deeper when doing His works. I think that the greater our relationship, the better chance I have of living the life I am truly being called to. I am eighteen years old and I am going to be a freshman at Boston College next year. I am going to be studying nursing. Being able to go to the Faith Alive Hospital is just incredible because I can see how a hospital works in a developing country and maybe after I get my degree in nursing, I can go back as a nurse and be able to help that much more.