Saturday, January 1, 2011

Adrienne Brooks


I feel called to help in Nigeria because I have been given so much in my life. In high school, my eyes were opened to poverty all over the world, especially in Africa. Ever since then, I have begun to develop an education of the continent and the many plights of the people there. I saw the trip to Nigeria as a learning experience spiritually, because I am sure I will be tested in my faith, but also educationally because it will be my first time in a completely different culture and civilization.

I love astronomy. I read books, look at pictures, and keep up with space news in my free time. And I will be in Charleston, SC on August 21, 2017 because that is when the next total solar eclipse is.

But something more meaningful, I love listening to Christian radio because it is more relaxing and it generally makes me feel better. Songs today can have really dumb, meaningless lyrics, but Christian music is just more upbeat and it actually means something to me.