Saturday, January 1, 2011

Jonathan Sanchez




Hello, I am 22 and although being born in Jersey, I’ve lived here for most of my life, so I guess that makes me more Baltimoron than Brunswickian. Currently I am working in the Microbiology Lab over at Hopkins, but earn most of my money cage fighting exotic beasts on the weekends. I enjoy long walks on the beach, arts and crafts, and writing in my dream journal.

On a serious note, I applied for Nigeria:Nativity as a faith strengthening adventure. An adventure that would not only bring excitement with presenting me with experiences that I have never had before, but also in challenging the fabric of my faith—forcing me evaluate the principles that I have established to live by and at the same time, adding new levels of depth with my relationship to God.

I shift gears a lot, but I always remain sincere. I am genuinely excited for what this trip will change about me, especially how my perspective and reasoning will evolve after coming home. This experience is something that few have the opportunity to have, and I treasure it as a blessing.