Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Are We There Yet?!





Please join us for another installment of our ongoing summer series. This one is from Dr. Gin Gin Diokno, who will be traveling to Faith Alive Hospital in Jos. She is in the front row in the pink floral shirt in the group shot above. Some thoughts and updates from Gin Gin:

Last month I reached my 232nd dive, along with 20 other diving buddies in the beautiful island of St. Kitts in the Caribbean. It is always a magical experience when you see the underwater world and swim with the fishes and turtles or whatever you may encounter down there. Tropical rains, sunny skies, good food and great friends – what more can you ask for in a vacation! As I come home to Towson, I try to get back in the rhythm of my marathon training. The NCR trail is a favorite route especially on my weekend long runs. And while I jog along with the dog-walkers, bikers, and faster runners, I get in my zone. Random thoughts happen - between grocery lists, a new recipe I want to try or the packing list for the Nigeria trip (including a portable scrabble and maybe Harry Potter Half-Blood Prince book). Lately, with Aug 1 fast approaching, I can’t help but get excited and think more and more about our ministry. I’m just looking forward to meeting Dr. Chris, seeing first-hand what Faith Alive is all about, immersing ourselves in the community and be a part of it all. As I said, tropical rains, sunny skies, good food and great friends- what more can you ask for! I bet after we settle down on our first leg of the flight, we’ll all go: Are we there yet?!

No comments: