Sunday, August 26, 2012

Reflection from Shagali

Today's reflection comes from our partners at Faith Alive Hospital. We share Faith Alive Hospital's Dedication Declaration as an affirmation of our commitment to faithfully serve the Lord, united globally for the purpose of building His kingdom. The declaration was read at Shagali as a prayer to end the violence in Nigeria and seek God's protection of our partners there. 

"I am confident in God's promises. My past has been forgiven. My future is secure and God has a purpose for my life. I am committed to God's purposes with God's power for God's glory. I will value character over comfort, service over status and power over possessions. I am committed to God's people. We declare that unity in Christ bridges all differences. We are one in Christ. Standing side by side with my brothers and sisters, I commit myself to grow spiritually, love unconditionally and serve faithfully. To my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, I say: However, Whenever, Wherever and Whatever You ask me to do, my answer in advance is yes. I want to be used by You in such a way that on that final day I will hear You say, Well done, my good and faithful servant." -Faith Alive Hospital Dedication Declaration


Bill Baird (Faith Alive Mission Team '11) leading prayer at Shagali

No comments: