Saturday, September 26, 2009

The Right Path



































I was blessed to receive an invitation to a dinner that Dr. Chris was attending this past Monday night. He was only in town for one night and had spent the day at a conference held in Washington D.C. The conference is a yearly one for the Conrad Hilton Foundation humanitarian award. Dr. Chris was nominated to receive the award last year. There are only 200 organizations around the world who get nominated for this. The award is a VERY large monetary one. He was told the only weakness in his organization, that needs to be corrected for it to be the recipient of the award, is a better tracking device. They want to know success in numbers. This was really hard for me to understand at first. His remarkable story alone is not enough. Dr. Chris needs help with his stats. If he had better stats he could be receiving certain monetary awards that would be amazing for Faith Alive. I like to write stories. Is there anyone out there who could help Faith Alive with some type of tracking device for their patient success stories?

Where are you Paris Hilton? If she would just visit one time. Don't laugh. It could happen. It might happen. Okay prayer warriors I have a job for you. And to my fellow writers please keep posting. It is a battle in this world. We have so much to do. We are so easily distracted. It is hard to stay on the right path. I have my family responsibilities and so much more. My family has to come first. But if I always put them first it seems there is no time left and I'm actually unemployed right now! God is putting so many opportunities at my feet in this one direction. All I know is that it is Him. I have to keep trying to follow His will for my life.


I have been reading Psalm 25 this week.

O Lord, I give my life to you.
I trust in you, my God!
Do not let me be disgraced,
or let my enemies rejoice in my defeat.
No one who trusts in you will ever be disgraced,
but disgrace comes to those who try to deceive others.
Show me the right path, O Lord;
point out the road for me to follow.
Lead me by your truth and teach me,
for you are the God who saves me.
All day long I put my hope in you.
Remember, O Lord your compassion and unfailing love,
which you have shown from long ages past.
Do not remember the rebellious sins of my youth.
Remember me in the light of your unfailing love,
for you are merciful, O Lord........

Turn to me and have mercy,
for I am alone and in deep distress.
My problems go from bad to worse.
Oh, save me from them all!
Feel my pain and see my trouble.
Forgive all my sins.
See how many enemies I have
and how viciously they hate me!
Protect me! Rescue my life from them!
Do not let me be disgraced, for in you I take refuge.
May integrity and honesty protect me,
for I put my hope in you.........

This Psalm says it all perfectly. So often scripture has a way of doing this for us. His word is the way (path). It's all about asking for God's help to stay on the right path.
TP



No comments: