Monday, February 27, 2012

Word of the Week

Each week, missionaries from the 2011 Nativity:Nigeria team will be reflecting on their experience and sharing a Word of the Week, or a word which exemplifies the mission to them. Check back each week to hear more about how Christ met our N:N missionaries during their time in Nigeria.

This week, Anawim Home team leader Gin Gin Diokno shares on her experience.
Word of the Week - Heartwarming
To me, the mission was remarkably heartwarming, demonstrating time and time and again the true essence of our collective humanity. From this, I saw exactly how Christ calls us to live. Summed up best in Matthew 25:35-36, He teaches...

"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.' The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for the least of these brothers and sisters of me, you did for me."

No comments: