Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Sister Oresoa Returns!


As some of you may have known, Sister Oresoa has been traveling for about the last two weeks preparing for the funeral of her father in Benin City, a few hours drive from Abuja. This morning I talked to Sister briefly on the phone and she has returned to the Anawim Home in Abuja. After a few attempts, I heard her familiar loud but warm voice (through the modern wonder that is Skype). She initially thought that I was calling her from the airport (as if we were in Abuja)! She was ready for us to be there. In her normal cheery tone, Sister made it clear to me that "I have alot of work for you all to do" in Abuja and Kaduna, the site of one of Sister's other homes. I could tell that there was sheer mayhem going on around her and people running by but she was her normal calm self. From what I can gather, there are more people than ever living at Anawim Home, including more children and mothers than ever. It was apparent that she was anxiously awaiting our arrival in early August. Above,

I have posted a few pictures of Sister Oresoa from last year; the first depicts her and Alex Sidlak distributing the bears made by the children of Nativity at VBS last year to children at a leper colony; the second shows her with Andrea DiGiacomo and Glenn Wood (and corn!) after traipsing through a the farm just before harvest time. See you soon Sister!

No comments: